Thomas Group Inc. and Thomas Kanata Inc. (referred to as “THOMAS”) are Canadian controlled private corporations. In this Privacy Statement the terms “we” and “our” refer to THOMAS, including all our Regional Offices in different geographic locations. This Privacy Statement explains THOMAS’s practices regarding personal information of our members, prospective members and other visitors to this website (the “Website”), as well as those who have transactions with us through email, social media, telephone, the Internet, faxes and other means of communications.
THOMAS’s Commitment to Privacy
At THOMAS, we are committed to respecting the privacy of our members and our Website visitors. For that reason we have taken, and will continue to take, measures to help protect the privacy of personal information held by us.
This Privacy Statement provides you with details regarding: (1) how and why we collect personal information; (2) what we do with that information; (3) the steps that we take to help ensure that access to that information is secure; (4) how you can access personal information pertaining to you; and (5) who you should contact if you have questions and concerns about our policies or practices.
By accessing or using the Website, you consent to the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement, do not access the Website or provide us with any personal information.
1. When we collect personal information
(a) Automatic collection
We may receive certain information automatically when you interact with our Website, emails and/or online advertising. This may include information such as the type of Internet browser or computer operating system you are using, your IP address, and the domain name of the website you just left.
(b) Information you provide to us
When you interact with THOMAS, you may provide us with personal information including the following:
- Contact information (e.g. name, address, email, telephone number) and information about your business (e.g. your position or job title) that we may use to respond to your inquiry, and to manage your membership or service request if applicable;
- Financial information (including credit card information) to process and manage information regarding financial transactions;
(c) Social Media
We may offer you the opportunity to engage with us through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. Through these platforms, you may allow us to access information associated with your social media account. We may use this information to confirm your identity and to personalize your experience on our Website.
2. How we use personal information
As part of our business operations we collect and use certain personal information, including contact information such as name, address, email address and telephone number, in order to process your requests, provide you with services and to understand your needs so that we can serve you better. We may use demographic and profile data, combined with other publicly available information, to tailor online content according to your preferences. In addition, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To manage your client files;
- Facilitate participation in certain promotions and programs;
- Inform you about opportunities to participate in additional programs and services;
- To respond to your inquiries and, if you ask us to, forwarding your inquiries to a third party when resolving a case;
- Managing and responding to requests;
- To process payment;
- To meet regulatory or contractual requirements relating to the services and products provided to you; and
- To help identify you when you visit the Website, to gather demographic information about users of our Website, and to improve our online offerings and Website administration.
3. When we share personal information
We do note engage with unaffiliated third parties to perform certain services or provide promotional services to client or supplier base. We may disclose personal information:
- If a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally authorizes us or requires us to do so;
- As necessary to our service providers that help us with our business operations;
- If necessary to protect the safety or security of users of the Website, to detect and prevent fraud or abusive behaviour, or when otherwise required or permitted by law to protect our rights and those of our users;
- With your consent.
Except as set out above, we do not sell, rent, share or disclose the personal information we hold or make our confidential information available to others without your consent. Our contractors and third party service providers are contractually obligated to maintain privacy policies that are no less stringent than our own.
4. How long do we hold personal information?
Personal information is retained only for so long as is necessary for the purpose set out above. When no longer required, we will destroy, erase or de-personalize the information. Legal requirements may necessitate our retaining some or all of the personal information we hold for a period of time that is longer than we might otherwise hold it.
To ensure that the personal information you provided is accurate, complete and up to date, we urge you to provide us with updates regarding such information and to inform us of any errors affecting the personal information that we hold.
6. Security Measures
We maintain technological, organizational and physical safeguards in an effort to protect the personal information held by us from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, distribution, loss or alteration. Access to personal information will be restricted to our authorized personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties properly. In addition, access will be limited to only that information that is strictly necessary for the performance of those duties. The same limitations are imposed upon our third party service providers.
7. Accessing personal information
You are entitled to access personal information held by us concerning yourself, or your owned company. You can access your personal information by making a written request to us. We will generally respond to your request for information within thirty days, unless, for reasons beyond our control, a longer response time is necessary, in which case, you will be advised accordingly.
8. Inquiries or Complaints
If you are not completely satisfied with or wish to submit comments concerning this Privacy Statement or its application by us, we invite you to convey your concerns or suggestions to:
Att’n: Privacy Officer
Thomas Group Inc. / Thomas Kanata Inc.
1115 – 55th Avenue NE
We will reply as quickly as possible and inform you of the steps, if any, that have been or will be taken in order to address the concern or implement the suggestion.
9. THOMAS Emails
As a client, you will receive email communications from us to advise you of programs and services that we offer, news updates, and other information in a newsletter format. If you wish to opt out of receiving future emails from us, you may do so by contacting us or clicking on the “Unsubmit” link contained in each newsletter. Please allow us up to ten business days for us to process your request.
10. Third Party Links
11. Modifications to this policy
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. We encourage you to review our Privacy Statement to make sure that you understand how information that you provide will be used. Any changes that are made to this Privacy Statement will apply to both any personal information that we hold prior to the effective date of the amended Privacy Statement and any personal information that we collect on or after such effective date.